Tuesday, December 18, 2007

they are just things.

After every tour I'm always surprised at all of the extra "things" i've accumulated while on the road, so I'm gonna list them all.

Records::
-Tom Petty--Southern Accents
-Patti Smith--
-Alkaline Trio-Crimson; From Here to Infirmary
-The Get-up Kids--On A Wire; Guilt Show
-The New Amsterdams--Worse for the Wear
-Bob Dylan--Bringing It All Back Home
-My Morning Jacket--a live record
-Saves The Day--Stay What You Are; Anywhere With You (single)

CDs::
-Neil Young--Harvest Moon
-The National--The Boxer
-Tom Petty--The Last DJ; Into The Great Wide Open
-Bonnie "Prince" Billy--I See A Darkness
-Richard Bukner--Meadow
-Sigur Ros--um, the new one, Heime? I forget what it is called.

Books::
-Sarte--An Introduction
-Sarah Vowell--The Partly Cloudy Patriot
-Elvis Costello-Complicated Shadows
-Bob Dylan--A Retrospective

DVDs::
-The new Tom Petty DVD
-A whole heap of Family Guy DVDs (thanks Chris)

I also got a new pair of shoes. I might be leaving some stuff out, but you get the point...well, I'm not sure I'm making much of a point at all. I have a lot of things I should start doing, but it's 2:30 p.m. and I'm still in bed. Lay off. Tonight, I'm going to go see a movie called "Control", it's about Ian Curtis. I'm not that big of a Joy Division fan, but I am really interested. I did listen to New Order for a while, there was this band called "Frente" who did a wonderful cover of "Bizarre Love Triangle"..which was an amazing New Order song. Either way, I'm excited to see the movie. I can say that I am not an Interpol fan, but as I listen to Joy Division, I can tell they were influenced by them...ya know, the consistent, droning, flat-line approach.

I listened to the Smashing Pumpkins the other day, and heard this, "Talk revolution, as if it matters now. I don't care anyway, just give me what I want." It jumped out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

If that's all you accumulated you did fairly well. I wish that's all I accumulated while staying home.

I need to check out the new Sigor Ros cd. I figure I'm doing good to pronounce their name let alone the song titles. I get lost trying to remember any of them. It is pretty stuff, though. I guess there's a movie now, too?

Many moons ago, I had Harvest Moon. I was a huge Crosby, Stills & Nash fan as a teen/young adult. They were pretty incredible live, too. Speaking of things accumulated, I wonder what happend to my old 110 camera with pics of them looking like ants on stage. LOL I bet they are in this mess somewhere.

I have too much. It's so easy to take things for granted. I fear losing it, and equally fear being so attached to it all.

Hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas surrounded by people you love.

--Melanie

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home