Monday, December 10, 2007

just singing

"the poison makes its way through my body slowly
Into the pleasure centers of my brain
If you were here I would admit that I'm an asshole
But now it’s over and I can’t stay sober
Though it isn't like I tried
And on the front porch, or on an airplane on vacation
Or out for dinner in a NEARBY town
I was so proud just to have you sitting with me
But now it’s over and I can’t stay sober
Pour and swallow
Follow one shot with another
I'll keep on till you agree to come back over
Or until there are X's on my eyes
My old man always swore that hell would have no flame
Just a front row seat
To watch your true love pack her things and drive away"

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I am guessing those are song lyrics, but I don't know who they belong to. The lyrics are kinda sad.

And who said that blogs don't talk back? LOL I've been goofing off for a week and a half. I have to go back to work now. Back to the real world again.

I hope the fact that you are posting means you made it safely to Denver. I was a little concerned about everyone.. especially Metro Station with a van & trailer.

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

man I haven't listened to Pedro the lion in soo long, I think you've inspired me to listen to them again

10:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home