Friday, November 10, 2006

e.e. cummings

it may not always be so;and i say
that if your lips,which i have loved,should touch
another's,and your dear strong fingers clutch
his heart,as mine in time not far away;
if on another's face your sweet hair lay
in such a silence as i know,or such
great writhing words as,uttering overmuch,
stand helplessly before the spirit at bay;

if this should be,i say if this should be-
you of my heart,send me a little word;
that i may go unto him,and take his hands,
saying,Accept all happiness from me.
Then shall i turn my face,and hear one bird
sing terribly afar in the lost lands.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jacob said...

oh my gosh

that is amazing

3:52 AM

 
Blogger Monique said...

wow i like that

4:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) i LOVE this.

12:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home