Sunday, October 15, 2006

Celebrity Sightings


First off, I would like to say that Los Angeles is not one of my favorite cities, and no offense to those of you who live here and love it, it's just something about this city that stresses me out, makes me stagnate and causes me to long for home..with that being said there are certain things I do like about this city, and one is the possibility of celebrity sightings...I'm a sucker for them. Tonight, while shopping at Ameoba Records I got extremely lucky. Whiile looking at DVD's I glanced up and saw Glen Danzig (are you kidding me! Samhain, the Misfits!, Danzig..sheesh) and then about 2 minutes later I saw Johnny Knoxville. At that time I called all my friends and let them know. Dave told me to talk to them, but what on earth could I have said to either of those dudes....anyway. I know I haven't written much lately, we've been really busy writing and whatnot and things are going really great. I'm still slowly making my way throught Atlas Shrugged, I passed the half way point. Score.

9 Comments:

Blogger cathy said...

hey zach that is super cool seeing celebrities (well the ones you admire anyways). I've seen a few in South Beach, and my brother met aerosmith (which I was so jealous of)

Anyways, I finally finished Atlas Shrugged about a week ago, and let me tell you, after that half way point, I could not put it down until I finished it! That book is really amazing, and worth the long read.

Email me if you want to talk about it or anything else!
ceruleancmc@gmail.com

Take care!

2:35 PM

 
Blogger katelyn said...

i ended up being on Jimmy Kimmel LIVE when i was in Cali. i was a celebrity for a whole 10 minutes :)

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Chandler said...

That's how I felt when I met Dave after his acoustic set over at Biola a week or so ago.

4:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

My friend was in an ice cream shop in MA and Steven Tyler walked in to get ice cream and then paid for my friends too. However, I am not cool enough to have any random celebrity sightings of my own.

9:02 PM

 
Blogger David said...

hey andrew. after reading what i wrote, I can see how you got that implication..but I want to point out the second line, "but i am a victim of my own uncertainty", so I would have to argue that I myself am being prideful when it comes to this sort of thing. And I still hold firm that no one who doesn't truly know me can tell me whether or not I am following thier idea of the right path in following Jesus. Following God is extremely personal to me. I don't see how this comment was prideful, because in the comment, I express my own uncertainty about myself.

9:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw johnny knoxville today too... in jackass 2. it was bad, don't see it.

4:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I please point out that is how I feel everytime I see you guys after a show?

5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on to something. You may not have known it, but L.A. was constructed to drain the souls of human beings for a sinister purpose.

11:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and now you know what it's like when people like me see you walking down the street...even if it's before a show and we expect you to be walking around. i've met you all three times now and i still shake from nerves every time! :)

and as for other celebrity sitings...i was in Borders in minneapolis last october and i ran into dave grohl. holy fricking crap! after i talked to him i couldnt stop crying. oh, i am so easily star struck. :)

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home