Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Rise and Shine and Vote


I'm excited today. I woke up at 5:30 AM and I drove down to my local precinct, stood in the rain for almost two hours and finally got to cast my ballot. It was wonderful and I can't tell you how excited I am that I was lucky enough to participate in this election. I'm really hoping I'm on the winning side this time, I been going through a rough patch for the past 8 years! There was a fairly long line considering the weather and the location of the precinct, a small suburb. I was pretty surprised, but I knew I had to get there early. Everyone please please please go and vote today, suck it up and wait in the lines. I'm headed to Philadelphia now to celebrate (or mourn, depending on who wins :-). I'm glad this election is finally ending today and I cross my fingers for an OBAMA/BIDEN administration.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I just got back from voting. There was no line. Everything was well organized and went very smoothly. :) I think really early and really late would be the longest lines here. A lot of people voted early. I think that helped. :)

I'm not hoping the same as you, but I have a feeling you might be on the "winning side." LOL Although in my state, I probably am.

10:31 AM

 
Blogger Jecca said...

i voted too, around 7 am and waited behind only 5 people. my already small community is divided into regions with different polling areas...2 miles down the road had a different site, which i think is pretty smart. and i don't think you'll be disappointed this time with the outcome. i'd pretty much be shocked if McCain won.

Ps: free coffee at Starbucks today for voting. and i hear free donuts at Tim Hortons too, but you don't have that down there. enjoy your time in Philly, with Benji I presume!

2:04 PM

 
Blogger AJ said...

me, too! give benj a hug! :)

3:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home