Wednesday, July 05, 2006



It's July 5th, and I want to take this opportunity to say that I hope everyone had a good 4th of July with friends and fireworks and all of that traditional type stuff. We in the house ("we" being Jacob, and Benj and I) had some friends and family over, played some poker, I put my room together, and finally went to bed in my new bed. I'm watching coldplay on MTV HD right now, and Foo Fighters is on next, and I'm "tivo-ing" them both. Score. So, as easy as it would be to launch into some soapbox rant about American Foreign and Domestic Policy, I would think that it would just be a waste of time. Politics..hmmm. Dangerous realms.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you had a good independence day too... i just got a group of guys together to come up the the lexington show... please throw the day in the life cover in the lineup that night.... i had some friends listen to it off the everglow re-relase and thought it was pure genious... even though i don't know you shoot me an email sometime... joe.bray@jbc.edu

8:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

politics certainly are dangerous ground.

especially when they are the subject of a fourth of july weekend sermon. in church. (my family was visiting. i was the only one who was bothered. love that.)

...you are not the only one who could jump on a soapbox, i will say that. but i know it would be really unproductive for me to do so, at least.

it's just frustrating, loving some things about this country and not loving everything, because i feel like these patriotic holidays expect that kind of all-consuming love. i don't appreciate it when that same thing is expected of me at church. because there is only one place that kind of devotion out to be directed, and it is not the USA, philosophically or geographically.

okay i'm done. peace out zach.

9:38 PM

 
Blogger David said...

blind patriotism...quite frustrating.

7:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home